Label Village Étape: a brand, qualities
The label is awarded by the Ministry for the Ecological and Inclusive Transition to municipalities that meet the criteria. On the road, users are informed of the proximity of a village labelled “Village Étape”.
For each village, obtaining the label is linked to the respect of very strict criteria. These are particularly consistent with the concept of the route inherent in the label. The landscape and tourism values of the village environment are paramount.
What are the criteria?
A good situation:
- Be 5 minutes or 5 kilometers maximum of a national road or free motorway.
- Have a population of less than 5,000.
A real offer of services:
- Offer a traditional restaurant with a sufficient number of tables.
- Offer quality hotel accommodation complemented by bed and brekfast and/or a camping.
- Have shops such as bakery, grocery store, butcher, press but also a pharmacy, a garage, an ATM.
Quality public facilities:
- Access to shady parking spaces, as well as equipped toilets for people with reduced mobility.
- The provision of a camping car, picnic and play area.
- The commitments of the municipalities in terms of both sustainable development and provision of access for persons with reduced mobility are also taken into account.
- Similarly, the village must be active in embellishing its living environment in terms of flowering and landscaping.
Offers of discovery:
- Have a tourist information point.
- Provide hiking trails and/or historical monuments.
The renewal of the label is not tacit. Every five years, it requires a control visit that meets the same conditions as the original award.